1. What’s your favorite time of the day, and why?
Right after an early morning workout and shower. I feel so energized and productive.
2. If health wasn’t an issue, what food could you live off of?
Well, considering that yesterday I ate more than I can remember, I would have to say brownies.
3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be?
That my (almost 20 year old) baby sister would be totally free in Christ.
4. What’s one thing that you get teased about a lot?
Being uber particular and organized.
5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be?
I would have to say the Baxter Family Drama by Karen Kingsbury. In 30 years or so I can see (I would really love) my husband and I to be living lives similar to Elizabeth and John Baxter. They have a steadfast love and are such wonderful parents and grandparents. They’re lives exude Christ’s work in their hearts, and their family is inseparable.
6. If you could have one talent that you don’t already have, what would it be?
Athletic prowess. My sister definitely got all of the natural ability genes.
7.If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?
From the Swiss Alps to Italy’s Tuscany. Skiing and cozy cottages and mountains. To warmth and beauty and my ancestor’s amazing food.
8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing?
I love me some Francesca Battistelli. Her music resonates with my heart.
And, although I wouldn’t say I’m awesome, I do believe God gave me vocal ability. I love performing in church’s and seeing what it means to truly use my talents for His glory. I didn’t always understand how to do that. It’s hard to not soak in all the praise for yourself. But I’ve found when I’m singing the words of my spirit, it is clear on my face and in my voice that God is my focus.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be?
I think I would have to say Sears. Not because I’ve even shopped there in the last 5 years, but because they have it all. Clothes. Fitness equipment (I really want a treadmill). Household items. Technology. Guy stuff. Tools. TVs. It’s a one stop shop.
10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be?
I don’t think I can answer this question with any certainty. I kind of stink at the whole history thing, which means I would pick an era for one reason and totally ignore all the other pivotal moments of that time frame which would change my mind.
11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be?
First of all, that would really suck. I was just saying yesterday how much I’ve come to love finding new ways to wear my clothes. But I would have to go with black. You can get some timeless pieces with black as your only option.
12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be?
(Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey)
Today, Sneezy. Stupid sinus infection. Most of the time, Happy. But that one dreadful week of the month: GRUMPY. (My husband is a saint.)
13. What’s the last album you listened to?
Starfield’s I Will Go
14. What’s something we’d be surprised to know about you?
I have an alter ego. Early in our dating years, Kevin named her Maxine. She is sneaky. moody. ruthless. ridiculous. and even mean at times. Basically, she is everything the real Melanie is not. But she likes to rear her ugly head now and again.
To learn more about this blog parade and to read other posts, check out Abigail’s Rear Window.