This morning my heart is singing of God’s goodness, so I thought I should share ten (thousand) reasons I’m counting my blessings.
1) Brownies baking. Nothing like that scent ruminating through the house.
2) Open windows, allowing the warmth of this finally-Spring morning.
3) Filling the clothesline with freshly laundered clothes for the first time this year.
4) Noticing the first sign of growth in my tomato and pepper seedlings.
5) Balancing the checking account, being able to pay bills and taxes, and depositing more blessings to take their place.
6) I actually really do enjoy keeping our detailed financial records. I’m a geek, I know.
7) Having middle school students ask if their brother could have one of the student Bibles we’ve been giving away. Filling in a teen’s name on that first page is such a privilege.
8) Noticing the inside cover of one of those Bibles, given out only a month or two ago, already filled to overflowing with this 8th grader’s favorite verses.
9) Planning for the Sunday worship set and finding the perfect song to flow from the a cappella Doxology. Oh, I simply canNOT wait to worship with my people.
10) Coffee with a student who is searching for Jesus. Sharing the story of redemption, the free gift of grace. Explaining God is love. How freedom and healing is found in Christ alone.